Breastfeeding is one of the most amazing phenomena of nature where mothers provide nutrition to their babies from their own bodies. With health awareness at an all-time high, people are slowly getting to understand the benefits of breastfeeding. Here are some of the reasons why breastfeeding is beneficial for both infant care and the mother’s health:
1. Breast milk is customized to suit the nutritional requirements of your baby. It has the right mix of nutrients to help your child grow both physically and intellectually. As your baby keeps growing, the nature of the breast milk also changes automatically to match the changed needs.
2. It has been proven by a number of scientific experiments that babies who were breastfed are blessed with a higher IQ than children who didn’t have the concerned privilege.
3. Breast milk is the safest option for a kid and could be provided even when the kid is slightly ill. Additionally, mothers don’t have to take the trouble of carrying food while going for a short trip as breast milk has the potential to suffice.
4. It is absolutely pertinent to remember that the size of your breasts have nothing to do with breastfeeding. After about 24 months of your initial pregnancy, various hormones in your body work in unison to produce milk that is more than sufficient for your baby.
5. Multiple scientific quests have established that breastfeeding significantly reduces the risks of many deadly diseases such as breast cancer, ovarian cancer and markedly weaker bones during the later years of the mother’s life.
6. Psychological studies have found that breastfeeding develops a special emotional bond between the child and his mother. This bond continues even during the adolescence period of the child.
7. Remember that medical practitioners the world over suggest the administration of only breast milk during the first six months of a baby’s life. It is so complete that the baby barely needs anything else.
8. It is also significant that breast milk is rather easy on the environment and doesn’t produce any unnecessary waste products. In today’s turbulent times, this factor could be considered to be a very important one.
9. With almost all the countries suffering some sort of a recession or the other, breastfeeding is non-taxing on the budget.
10. Breast milk can be safely stored and consequently it is very handy for working mothers.